What the ef?!
- A daily ritual of procrastination.
- A five minute design exercise. A warm up.
- A way into the vast and growing symbolic lexicon of The Noun Project.
- A visual learning by rote.
- A joke. An experiment. A no-cost game.
- A wise crack. A disruption of meaning through metaphor.
- (For the logicians: A ≠ A. A = A = B = C = …)
- Meaning making through leaps of imagination. Gestalt perception.
Fuelled by The Noun Project, the Daily Design Forecast lovingly undermines the premise of a universal symbolic language. Not funny but full of fun, each forecast simply (mis)uses an icon from the library to illustrate the morning’s outlook.
From truisms and slow starters to the utterly banal, let these forecasts remind designers that meaning-making demands context. Symbols illustrate anything, not one thing, depending on a reader’s frame of reference.